Tuesday 27 November 2012

Looking Back: Alexis Mabille SS11 Men Ready-to-Wear

Image source

I have to confess I am not very well acquainted with men's wear (nor women's, nor fashion in general..), but this collection caught my eye with all the flowers tossed in tousled hair, plus how could one resist a dapper bow-tie?
I can't say if I'll be looking at more men's wear any time soon, but anyhow, here are my picks from Alexis Mabille's SS11 men's collection. 


The rough, raw mineral look for accessories always gets me.
I think it adds some refined toughness to an outfit.
The slashes on the jacket, also - trans-seasonal and aesthetic, too.
I reckon striped pants are really cool and the belt matches.
The incorporated bow-tie is a cute detail and the subtle contrast in colour.
Great lines/shapes in the shirt. Oh and also the shoes, they add a nice
layer to the look. Not so much a fan of the beaded bracelets but I 
do like the symmetry of having them on both wrists.
I'm a sucker for applique and flowers.
The weave of the fabric is fab. And the flowers, used sparingly,
are whimsical but not too girly.
I am quite liking the dark shirt under lighter jacket/pant combo right now.

Image Source: style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment